THE NINE PEACE ACTIVISTS MURDERED BY ISRAELI COMMANDOS 31May10 June 8, 2010
From top left to right:
- Ibrahim Bilgen, 61, an electrical engineer from Siirt. Member of the Chamber of Electrical Engineers of Turkey. Married with 6 children.
- Ali Haydar Bengi, 39, from Diyarbakir. Graduate of Al-Azhar University, Cairo (Department of Arabic literature). Married with 4 children.
- Cevdet KÄ±lÄ±Ă§lar’da, 38, from Kayseri. Originally a journalist, worked for the past year as webmaster for the Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH). Married with two children.
- Ăetin TopĂ§uoÄlu, 54, from Adana. Former amateur soccer player and taekwondo champion, who coached Turkey’s national taekwondo team. Married with one son.
- Furkan Dogan, 19, student at Kayseri High School; planned to become a doctor. Son of Dr. Ahmet Dogan, Assoc Prof at Erciyes University. A Turkish-American dual national, with two siblings.
Bottom left to right:
- Cengiz SongĂŒr’ĂŒn, 47, from Izmir. Married with six daughters and one son.
- Fahri Yaldiz, 43, a firefighter who worked for the Municipality of Adiyaman. Married with four children.
- Necdet Yildirim, 32, an IHH aid worker from Malatya. Married with a three-year-old daughter.
- Cengiz AkyĂŒz’ĂŒn, 41, from Iskenderun. Married with children aged 14, 12 and nine.
EDITOR’S NOTE:Â Â ACTUALLY, THE SHIP WAS NOT TURKISH-FLAGGED
Professor of international law at Ohio State University, Quigley said today: “Contrary to what many are claiming, including the New York Times in a front-page article on the Gaza flotilla, the Mavi Marmara, the vessel on which deaths occurred, is not Turkish-flagged. Although formerly Turkish flagged, the Mavi Marmara was Comoros-flagged by the time of last week’s incident. The point may be of some significance, because Comoros, unlike Turkey, is a party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court. The Court has jurisdiction over war crimes committed on vessels registered in a state that is party to the Rome Statute.”Â JOHN QUIGLEY, (614) 292-1764, (614) 326-3674, Quigley.email@example.com andÂ http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/faculty/bios.php?ID=42