PCHR condemns killing of Gaza teens 23Mar11 March 24, 2011

Ma’an News Agency -  23 March 2011

The death of two Gaza teens on Saturday, killed by Israeli fire 300 meters from the border area was an act of “excessive and lethal force,” a condemnation from the Palestinian Center for Human Rights said.

The two, both 17, were killed east of Johur Ad-Dik in the central Gaza Strip. Medics were only permitted to retrieve their bodies more than 12 hours after they had been killed.

According to an investigation conducted by the PCHR, the organization said, at approximately 9:30 p.m. on 19 March Israeli forces fired several artillery shells at the teens killing them instantly.

Israeli fire on the area continued until late in the evening, PCHR said.

The following day, witnesses told the rights group, Israeli forces entered Gaza some 400 meters and conducted surveillance in the area.

Medics confirmed that the two teens’ bodies were picked up 300 meters from the border. They were identified as Imad Mohammed Issa Faraj Allah and Qasem Salah Abu Uteiwi, both from the An-Nuseirat refugee camp.

According to PCHR, they were both civilians.


If you liked this article, please consider making a donation to Australians for Palestine by clicking on the PayPal link
Thank You.
Bookmark and Share

Add a Comment

required, use real name
required, will not be published
optional, your blog address