Israel to limit Gaza fishing zone after rocket fire 22Mar13 March 22, 2013

Ma’an News Agency     -    21 March 2013

91580_345x230BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — Israel will reduce the Gaza fishing zone as punishment for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip following a rocket attack, the Israeli military announced Thursday.

“In response to the rocket fire earlier this morning … the Prime Minister of the State of Israel, Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, and the Minister of Defense, Mr. Moshe (Bogie) Yaalon, have instructed the IDF to narrow the permitted fishing zone for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip from six to three miles,” the army said.

“Additionally, Kerem Shalom crossing will be closed. These changes will continue until the IDF is otherwise instructed by the political echelon.

“The IDF considers this incident with great severity and holds the Hamas terror organization responsible for any hostile activity emanating from the Gaza Strip.”

The Palestinian minister of civil affairs Hussein al-Sheikh confirmed the measure.

“The Israeli side officially informed us that Kerem Shalom crossing is closed until further notice, and that the Gaza fishing zone has been reduced from 6 to 3 miles,” al-Sheikh told Ma’an.


If you liked this article, please consider making a donation to Australians for Palestine by clicking on the PayPal link
Thank You.
Bookmark and Share

Add a Comment

required, use real name
required, will not be published
optional, your blog address