Gaza “Cast Lead”
A WORK IN PROGRESS
- Harpers Magazine “Lawfare Redux”, by Scott Horton (12 March 2010) – Lawfare – conservatives attacking the usage of international law to defend human rights. Examples include effort to prosecute Israel for war crimes for Gaza offensive.
- IRIN News (UN) Gaza citizens at risk from rubbish, rubble, unexploded ordnance (10 February 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “Two Persons kidnapped and tortured by Gunmen in Gaza and Khan Yunis” (5 April 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Hamas must not carry out executions in Gaza” (31 March 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Israel and Hamas urged to co-operate with UN committee on Gaza conflict” (26 March 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “Human Rights Council Adopts Follow-Up Resolution on Goldstone Report: Climate of Impunity Must be Combated” (25 March 2010).
- Al-Haq - “Al-Haq at the Human Rights Councilâs 13th Session” (24 March 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “Cafeteria Burnt in al-Maghazi and Bombs Detonated in Police Officer’s Car in Rafah” (21 March 2010).
- Human Rights Watch - “Gaza: End Impunity for Indiscriminate Rocket Attacks – Rocket Attack Kills Migrant Worker in Israel” (19 March 2010).
- B’Tselem - “B’Tselem condemns rocket fire at Israel” (18 March 2010).
- Palestine Centre for Human Rights - “Armed Clashes in Jabalya and Explosion in Police Station in Gaza City” (16 March 2010) – documenting armed conflict between Hamas and other armed Gaza groups.
- Adalah - “European Parliament adopts resolution on Goldstone” (11 March 2010).
- Human Rights Watch - “Hamas: Journalist’s Detention Violated Due Process” (11 March 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “PCHR welcomes Resolution by the European Parliament endorsing the Goldstone Report” (11 March 2010).
- Al-Haq - “European Parliament Supports Goldstone Report and Demands Accountability for International Crimes Committed during Operation Cast Lead” (10 March 2010).
- Al-Haq - “In the Pursuit of Accountability for âOperation Cast Leadâ; An Analysis on the follow-up GA Resolution adopted on 26 February 2010″ (3 March 2010).
- Association for Civil Rights in Israel - “Gaza Strip Resources” (3 March 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Israel/Occupied Palestinian Territories: Renewed UN call for Gaza conflict accountability welcomed as important shift” (1 March 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Accountability regarding the conflict in Gaza and southern Israel: Written statement to the Human Rights Council, Thirteenth session, March 2010″ (March 2010).
- Human Rights Watch - “Israel/Gaza: General Assembly Presses for War Justice – Most EU States Support Call for Israeli, Palestinian War Crimes Investigations; US and Canada Opposed” (27 February 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights- “Arab-Sponsored Draft Resolution on Goldstone Report Denies Victims’ Rights and Fosters a Situation of Impunity” (25 February 2010) – quote – “On 26 February 2010, the General Assembly of the United Nations will debate the implementation of the Report of the UN Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict (the Goldstone Report). An Arab-sponsored draft resolution requests that all parties be given a further five months to conduct investigations…. The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) strongly criticizes the time-limit contained in this resolution. As it stands this resolution grants impunity to those accused of committing serious violations of international law. In endorsing such a resolution the United Nations would effectively turn its back on international law, and the victims of last years offensive on the Gaza Strip.”
- B’Tselem - “Hamas report to UN shamefully evades responsibility” (24 February 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Israel compensation payment to UN ignores rights of Gaza victims” (23 February 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “PCHR Release Genuinely Unwilling: Israelâs Investigations into Violations of International Law including Crimes Committed during the Offensive on the Gaza Strip” (11 February 2010).
- Physicians for Human Right - No Treatment in Gaza, No Security Risk, but Israel Prevents a Seriously ill Man from Getting Treatment (9 February 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Ban Ki-moon ‘misses opportunity’ on Gaza accountability” (5 February 2010) – quote – “the UN Secretary-General has “missed an opportunity” by failing to make an assessment of the credibility of Israeli and Palestinian investigations into violations during the conflict in Gaza and southern Israel just over a year ago”.
- B’Tselem - “Israelâs report to the UN misstates the truth” (4 February 2010).
- Human Rights Watch - Gaza: Hamas Report Whitewashes War Crimes (28 January 2010).
- Association for Human Rights in Israel - “HR Organizations: Establish Independent Inquiry into Cast Lead” (26 January 2010) – quote – “one year after the war in Gaza and before the UN will debate the Goldstone report, organizations urge Prime Minister to conduct impartial inquiry into Israel’s actions”.
- Hamoked - “The HCJ continues its recent hard line and rejects a petition by HaMoked and other human rights organizations to allow relatives of prisoners from the Gaza Strip to visit their loved ones who are incarcerated in Israel” (24 January 2010).
- Gisha - “Court Orders Defense Ministry to Produce Documents on Gaza Access Policy” (21 January 2010).
- Gisha - “At Gisha’s Request: Court to Address Why Defense Ministry Refuses to Reveal Information on Gaza Access Policy” (20 January 2010).
- World Health Organization - Gaza Health Fact Sheet (reprinted by UNISPAL) (20 January 2010).
- B’Tselem - “Testimony: Young girl dies in Gaza after waiting two months for a permit to enter Israel for treatment” (19 January 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Israelâs Gaza blockade continues to suffocate daily life” (18 January 2010).
- Hamoked - “HaMoked severely protests the conduct of the Israel Security Agency which harasses and threatens Palestinians wishing to study abroad: Exerting pressure on the protected population to collaborate is a flagrant violation of international humanitarian law” (18 January 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “War Crimes against Children: A PCHR investigation into Palestinian children killed by Israeli Forces in the Gaza Strip” (18 January 2010).
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - “PCHR Condemns Measures Taken by Security Services in Gaza against Fatah Activists” (6 January 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Israel and Hamas have less than one month to show credible investigations into war crimes” (4 January 2010).
- Physicians for Human Rights - The World Medical Association refuses to hear evidence of WMA rule violations by Israeli doctors during its assault on Gaza (4 January 2010) – quote by Dr. Ruchama Marton – “At stake is the reputation of international medical ethical codes as a system that works”.
- Physicians for Human Rights - Medical Supply Shipment to Gaza 27.12.09 (3 January 2010).
- Adalah - “Adalah Briefing Paper: Israeli Military Probes and Investigations fail to meet International Standards or ensure Accountability for Victims of the War on Gaza” (January 2010).
- Gisha - “Restrictions on the Transfer of Goods to Gaza: Obstruction and Obfuscation” (January 2010).
HASS, Amira:Â “Death in the Samouni Compound”, Haaretz, 25 September 2009
BARTLETT, Eva: “Widows and children begin to beg” IPS, 22 September 2009
ESPOSITO, Michele K:“The Israeli arsenal deployed against Gaza during Operation Cast Lead” Journal of Palestine Studies Vol XXXVIII, No 3 (Spring 2009) pp 175-191
SOOD, Samera: “Re-think American policy toward Gaza” Orange County News, 20 September 2009
KARMI, Omar: “Not one penny has reached Gaza”, The National, 31 August 2009
ALMEGHARI, Rami: “Crippled academia unable to recover in Gaza”, Electronic Intifada, 6Aug09
RATNER, Emily “Thoughts on Manhood from a Rafah tunnel” CounterPunch, 26Jun09
FELDMAN, Yotam & BLAU, Uri: “Gaza Bonanza”, Haaretz, 15Jun09
ROY, Sara: “The Peril of Forgetting Gaza” 6Jun09
- PCHR: 23 days of war, 28 days of closure 27Dec09
- AMNESTY: Failing Gaza: No rebuilding, no recovery, no more excusesDec09
- GOLDSTONE REPORT: UN Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict Report – Sep 09 DownloadUNFFMGC_Report
- UNOCHA-Locked in”_Aug09.pdf
- AL HAQ, operation-cast-Lead-statistical-analysis.Aug09.pdf
- RED CROSSÂ gaza-report.Jun09. pdf
STATISTICS re OPERATION CAST LEAD 27Dec08-18Jan09
HOROWITZ, Adam: “Gaza, a year later”, Mondoweiss, 27Dec09