A WORK IN PROGRESS
Counterpunch: “Your Palestinian Gandhis Exist … in Graves and Prisons -
Calling Bono“, by Alison Weir (letter to the editor) (Weekend Edition, January 8-10, 2010).
- PLO Negotiations Affairs Dept. - Palestinian Political Prisoners (3 of 5 Fact Sheets).
- Hamoked - “The HCJ continues its recent hard line and rejects a petition by HaMoked and other human rights organizations to allow relatives of prisoners from the Gaza Strip to visit their loved ones who are incarcerated in Israel” (24 January 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Israeli detention of Palestinian activists must end – The activists were detained following their protests against the fence/wall”, by Martina Waiblinger (8 January 2010).
- Amnesty International - “Detainees in Israel and Occupied Palestinian Territories must be treated humanely” (24 November 2009).
- B’Tselem - “Without Trial: Administrative detention of Palestinians by Israel and the Incarceration of Unlawful Combatants Law” (October 2009).
- Amnesty International - Detainees used as bargaining chips by both sides in Israel/Gaza conflict (20 March 2009)
- International Committee of the Red Cross - Israel/Gaza: 23 years’ solitary for a detainee’s wife (26 May 2008) quote – “Tahani is one of hundreds of Palestinian wives whose husbands are held in Israeli prisons. For the past 23 years, she has had to raise their six children alone. In June 2007, the Israeli authorities suspended all family visits; she is desperate to see him once again.”.
- Association for Civil Rights in Israel – Rights of Suspects, Prisoners, and Detainees (15 May 2008) – fact sheet & resources on the rights of suspects, prisoners, and detainees.
- B’Tselem – Administrative Detention – includes background, legal basis, stats, photographs and publications.
- Al-Haq – Israel Continues to Deny Palestinian Prisoners their Basic Rights, press release (16 April 2005).
- Al-Haq – Ongoing Violations of the Rights of Palestinian Prisoners, press release (16 April 2005).
- Adalah – Proposed Criminal Procedure (Enforcement Powers â Detention) (Non-Resident Detainee Suspected of Security Offense) (Temporary Provision) Law (2005).
- Al-Haq – âLegalâ Cover for Illegitimate Practices: Arbitrary Arrests and Prison Conditions of Palestinian Political Prisoners in Israeli Prisons and Detention Centers, text of speech by Randa Siniora (28 April 2003) – full text of speech given by Randa Siniora, the General Director of Al-Haq, given at the Zayed Center for Coordination and Follow-Up in the United Arab Emirates on 28 April 2003 upon the Centerâs invitation.
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights – Fact Sheet: Prisoners and Torture, by (5 June 2002).
- Adalah – SPECIAL REPORT: Detention Bill – Challenging proposed harsher detention law for Palestinians – concerning the Criminal Law Procedures Bill
- Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group - “Detainees Denied Justice: The Palestinian Authority’s Contempt for its Judiciary”, by Gerald Simpson (July 1999).
- Adalah – Inhumane Treatment and Detention Conditions of Palestinians in Ansar III Detention Center (“Ketziot”) – concerning H.C. 5591/02, Adalah et. al. v. Yuni Ben David, Military Commander of Ansar III et. al.
- B’Tselem – Violence Against Minors in Police Detention, by Na’ama Yashuvi (June-July 1990).
COOK: Jonathan: “UN torture watchdog demands access”, The Nation, 17May09