A WORK IN PROGRESS
- Chicago Tribune: Jewish site transcends borders, by Joel Greenberg (28 September 2008).
Israel’s Holocaust memorial sets up a website for Arabs to explain the holocaust. The article then quotes from a variety of responses, including many that they say they have increased understanding but still do not know why the Jews who have gone through such terrible things are now doing terrible things to the Palestinians.
- Washington Post
In Israel, era of mass immigration ends, by Aron Heller, Associated Press (6 September 2008) – this article describes the Zionist dream of ‘aliyah’, which is slowly dying as the numbers of desperate oppressed Jews around the world decreases to zero. There is nothing in this article about how the moral problems of the conflict with Palestine impacts this dream.
- Washington Post
Israel’s welcome for Ethiopian Jews wears thin, by Aron Heller, Associated Press (16 August 2008) – these Ethiopian Jews are no longer being welcomed because they have a hard time adjusting and because their Judaism is mixed with Christianity, but many protest this because this contradicts with one of the basic tenets of the Jewish State – to welcome all Jews.
- Washington Post
Israeli excavation shows Jews, pagans in harmony, Associated Press (11 August 2008) – quote from article: “An Israeli scientist says a Roman temple unearthed in the center of an ancient Jewish city in northern Israel shows pagans and Jews lived and worshipped together. Hebrew University professor Zeev Weiss said Monday the 2nd century temple was found during excavations at Sepphoris, or Tzippori in Hebrew. The city, the capital of Galilee, was a refuge for Jews who fled Jerusalem after the Romans pillaged the city and destroyed the Jewish temple in A.D. 70. Weiss says the find sheds light on life during those times. “It shows that pagans who were a minority prayed in the center of the city and lived in harmony with the Jewish majority,” he says.”
- Washington Post
“Exodus” survivor moves to Israel, by Matti Friedman, Associated Press (22 July 2008).
- Haaretz Daily News: New elites, by Lily Galili (20 May 2008).
This article describes the segment of the Israeli right-wing that is tied to the nationalist writings of Jabotinsky and common Russian roots and that are anti-socialism, and hence is pro-settlement and pro-capitalism.
- Chicago Tribune: Miracles in the face of great odds mark Israel’s 60 years, by Charles Krauthammer (19 May 2008).
In his latest op-ed Charles Krauthammer completely blames the Palestinians for the conflict with Israel, while completely ignoring their perspective and claims which are so heavily documented by both UN official agencies and Israeli and world scholars.
- Boston Globe: First Blood: The Initial Arab-Israeli Struggles and their Troublesome Legacy, by Andrew J. Bacevich (18 May 2008).
This review of Benny Morris’s latest book described important points that contradict Israeli mythology – (1) that huge numbers of Palestinians were driven from their homes by Israeli forces, (2) there were large numbers of massacres, rapes, murders etc. by the Israeli forces, (3) the Israeli forces outnumbered and outgunned the Arab forces in contradiction of the myth of tiny Israel surrounded by giant enemies, and (4) that Israel had a policy of violent coercion and not one of justice and peacefulness. Every article helps that tells the truth like this – even book reviews.
- New York Times: On eve of Passover, bread stirs deep thoughts of Israel, by Ethan Bronner (18 May 2008).
This article describes current struggle with identity of the Jewish State, one of the main goals of Zionism.
- Charlotte Observer: “Let the Refugees return” (11 April 2008)
This amazing Commentary published by the Charlotte Observer deserves our strongest support. It disputes many important myths of the Zionist cause, and is well written and understandable to the average American. Emails can go to email@example.com
- Adalah – Historical Background.
- If Americans Knew – A Synopsis of the Israel/Palestine Conflict.
- Jerusalem Fund – Timeline: History and Politics in Palestine.
- Jews for Justice in the Middle East – The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict.
- Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem, by Issa Nakhleh (1991)
- Avishai, Bernard. “The Tragedy of Zionism: Revolution and Democracy in the Land of Israel”. Farrar Straus Giroux, New York, NY (1985).
- Hertzberg, Rabbi Arthur. “The Zionist Ideal: A Historical Analysis and Reader”. Atheneum Publishing, New York (1959).
- “Israeli-Arab Reader”, 5th Edition. Edited by Walter Laqueur & Barry Rubin. Published by Penguin Books, NYC (1991).
- Mallison, W.T., Jr.. “The Balfour Declaration: An Appraisal in International Law “. Published in Transformation of Palestine. Edited by Ibrahim Abu-Lughud. Published by Northwestern University Press, Evanston, IL (1987).
- Rose, Jacqueline. “The Question of Zion“. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2005).
- Shamir, Ronen. “The Colonies of Law: Colonialism, Zionism, and Law in Early Mandate Palestine”. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (2000).
RABKIN, Yakov: “Demystifying Zionism”, September 2009
ZIONIST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Zionist FAQ section has been specifically built to counter the prevalent Israeli Zionist propaganda, which unfortunately has gone mostly unanswered in the West and Israel. We have assumed that the reader is familiar with the evolution of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and has some questions for Palestinians to answer. So if you’re a beginner to the conflict and would like to know more, we recommend visiting our introductory section that contains a short list of articles about the conflict, click here for further details.
A special thanks goes to Mark Kober- Smith, an anti-Zionist British Jew, for editing and proofreading this important book. Over several months, Mark put an incredible amount of time and effort to bring this section to what it is today.
Historical Zionist FAQs
- Why do Palestinians want to destroy Israel and drive Israeli Jews into the sea?
- Why did Arabs reject the proposed UN GA partition plan which split Palestine into Jewish and Arab states?
- Why did seven well equipped Arab armies attempt to destroy the poorly armed and newly founded ‘Jewish State’?
- Isn’t it true that Palestinians left their homes during the 1948 war because their leaders asked them to leave?
- Why do Palestinians insist on a country of their own? Isn’t it true that Palestine was empty and inhabited by nomadic people?
- Why should Palestinians have their own country? Isn’t it true that Palestinians never had either a state, nor any distinct culture or language of their own?
- Isn’t it true that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East?
- Aren’t Palestinians as responsible as their leader al-Hajj Amin Hussieni who collaborated with the Nazis during WW II?
- Isn’t true that Palestine was destitute until Israelis made its desert bloom?
- God promised the descendants of the prophet Abraham the ‘Promised Land’, why are Palestinians defying the Almighty’s prophecy?
Current Zionist FAQs
- Why did Arafat reject Barak’s “generous” offer at Camp David?
- Palestinians are not the only people to have been subjected to population transfer, it is normal in human history
- Isn’t it a fair ‘population exchange’ between Palestinian refugees and Jewish refugees from many Arab countries?
- Why Palestinians fight the “peaceful Israelis”?
- Why don’t Arabs welcome their Palestinian Arab brothers?
- How could Palestinians send their kids to riot against Israeli soldiers?
- Israel is the strongest force in the Middle East, how come Arabs are not willing to accept this fact?
- Why do Palestinians seek to destroy Israel’s ‘Jewish Character’ by insisting on their return to their homes in Israel?
- How come Arabs fail to understand the unique and special connection Jews have for Eretz Yisrael?
- Why do Arabs ONLY understand the language of force?
Relevant Articles About The Conflict
- How Was The Spartan Jew Born?
- Nakba deniers, explained
- What would you do if you were born a Palestinian?
- Why Palestinian fight for their rights?
- The Israeli Human Shield
- Vanity Fair Magazine: The Gaza Bombshell (April 2008)
- Palestinians don’t have the right to defend themselves, they’ve the right to die silently!
- Washington Times: When Israel expelled Palestinians
- Why Is Gaza’s Message Threatening To Some?
- Peace Without Justice
- Buying Palestinian National Rights
- Brief PDF Presentation: Facts and Myths about ZionismBy The Campaign to End Israeli Apartheid-Southern California
- Documentary Videos: Responding Zionist Myths and Propaganda
- Click here if you wish to download a companion book for this section, it is in MS-Word format and only 400K in size.